Grey High School is a State school and, as such, follows the prescribed GET and FET curricula governing education in the country, although certain additional services are offered.
- to enable students to achieve a standard of literacy and numeracy comparable to the best international standards
- to provide a curriculum which, in all disciplines, will consist of content that is both substantial and rigorous
- to encourage students to reach their maximum potential by competition with their peers and for this purpose to use academic streaming, form by form.
- to inspire in students a love of learning and respect for knowledge in a wide variety of disciplines
- to enable students to master skills required to acquire and apply knowledge
- to teach students the value of hard work and the importance of healthy competition
- to measure student performance by regular competitive internal examinations and external examinations at senior levels
- to promote the integrated use of Information & Communications Technology (ICT) at all levels of the curriculum
- to provide academic support (remedial intervention) for students whenever possible
- to encourage participation and interest in cultural activities and pursuits which lead to physical fitness and good health
- to provide school rules requiring a high standard of conduct from students in the interests of creating and maintaining a well-disciplined learning environment for all
- to develop in students qualities of self discipline, independence, resourcefulness, adaptability, creativity, honesty, courtesy, self-reliance, health, self-esteem, pride in personal appearance, public spirit and other personal qualities, and to aim to use these virtues for the good of the School and of society at large
- to promote attitudes and behaviour reflecting a core of values supported by the School Community, including:
- the encouragement and reward of effort and achievement
- the pursuit of excellence in all personal and group endeavours
- the importance of fulfilling commitments
- the acceptance of lawful and just authority
- respect for and participation in the democratic process
- the balancing of self-interest with concern and tolerance for others, their cultures and beliefs
- to develop in students sensitivity towards and acceptance of the rights of others in our culturally diverse society.