Tradition | Excellence | Opportunity
Founded in 1856.
The Grey Vision
Grey remains as one of the leading schools in the country, with a culture and value system that support its fine heritage. Grey is recognised for its competitiveness and excellence in academic, sporting and cultural activities, as well as for its ability to consistently produce leaders.
- to source and select a varied array of books, magazines and media material
- to promote and encourage a lifelong reading habit
- to support and supply resource-based learning (which becomes more and more a part of our curriculum)
- to promote independent research skills using all library resources
- to provide a wide selection for recreational needs
- to be user-friendly in finding the right material
Facilities and Services
The Library is located in the Science Block, and houses over 18 000 books. It aims to provide up to date resources for all learning areas.
A reserve system gives every student an equal opportunity to use the relevant material:
the ‘latest edition’ of popular books
To keep up with the everyday happenings and changes – all new information, pamphlets, circulars and relevant newspaper articles are put on file under the specific learning areas.
Academic and general recreation interests are available.
Copies of the daily newspapers are available.
A full colour photocopier is available for students’ use. It is restricted for use during break times and after school. A levy is payable.