Tradition | Excellence | Opportunity
Founded in 1856.
The Grey Vision
Grey remains as one of the leading schools in the country, with a culture and value system that support its fine heritage. Grey is recognised for its competitiveness and excellence in academic, sporting and cultural activities, as well as for its ability to consistently produce leaders.
Our Mission Statement
The Grey consists of separate junior and senior boys’ schools which strive to provide excellence in academic, sporting and cultural activities. English is used as the medium of instruction with admission to students on an equitable basis irrespective of race or creed, taking into account existing education inequalities.
All students are afforded the opportunity, within a happy, secure and disciplined environment where the dignity of the individual is upheld, to develop their full potential in mind, body and spirit.
Whilst preserving and building upon the Grey traditions, we will at all times be mindful of society’s changing needs and adapt where necessary without compromising our standards.
In order to fulfil this mission, the Grey strives:
- to educate students within a climate of accepted Christian values with awareness of and respect for other creeds;
- to provide a dynamic curriculum, with the emphasis on scholastic excellence, which includes the teaching of life skills, skills in leadership, problem-solving and entrepreneurship and furthers the development of self-confidence and selfdiscipline
- to enable students to realise their full potential;
- to continue to provide the best possible facilities (academic, sporting, cultural and boarding) in order to enrich the lives of our students, the Grey family and the wider community;
- to offer a nurturing hostel environment to cater for the needs of students from outside the immediate residential area;
- to attract and retain staff of the highest calibre by providing an attractive and stimulating working environment which nurtures the professional growth of the individual;
- to promote open communication and close interaction with parents;
- to encourage the school community to accept responsibility for the financial needs of the school;
- to support the Old Grey network in terms of ensuring their continued interest, loyalty and financial backing;
- to secure the financial well-being of the schools and to uphold standards of excellence;
- to be actively involved with, and to accept responsibility towards, the community.
Grey remains as one of the leading schools in the country with a culture and value system that support its fine heritage.
Grey is recognized for its competitiveness and excellence in academic, sporting and cultural activities as well as for its ability to consistently produce leaders.
The Grey Boys High School
Mission Statement and Vision